We’re looking for Linux Systems Engineers to join the Operations Support team of our client.
About the company:
- The company is an IT Service Management and Outsourcing Provider with a unique blend of expertise and effectiveness, helping companies around the world to improve performance and quality of the IT services that drives their Business while at the same time allowing them to become more flexible. With headquarters in Buenos Aires and local presence in London, Barcelona & Las Vegas, they deliver 90% of their services to US and EU markets.
You will partner with customers and co-workers to craft and implement highly scalable, flexible and resilient architectures that address customer problems. As a trusted customer advocate, the Systems Engineers will help organizations understand best practices around cloud-based and automation solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud through Automation and self-healing applications. You will also be responsible for helping the team in keeping our customers’ applications running at peak performance. Not only will you be the first point of contact to external world-wide customers but you will be helping to identify, analyze and resolve technical issues on platforms with 800+ Servers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build a strong foundation of knowledge around systems Automation (mainly Puppet) Ecosystems.
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of the company services portfolio.
- Collaborate with experienced Systems Engineers to craft and share best-practice knowledge amongst the DevOps community
- Incorporate and propose the use of other technologies to add value to the existing services offer by the company and the company’s client.
- Identify, propose and implement improvements to monitoring tools when necessary
- Support Customers development team on building environments and/or troubleshooting possible infrastructure problems.
- Provide 24x7x365 escalation for responding to critical events.
- Experience architecting and/or operating scalable and highly-available solutions with a strong foundation on Linux/Unix as well as Automation Systems (preferably Puppet)
- Experience working on unix like environments
- Availability to travel to San Francisco, USA
- Puppet Certification
- LPI Certification
- Any of the AWS Certifications (SysOp preferable above the others).
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following áreas:
- Software Design or Development
- Infrastructure Architecture
- Content Distribution
- Database Architecture
- IP Networking and/or Security
- Performance Tuning
- Systems Operations
- Automation with Puppet.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to both large and small audiences
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly; ability to think abstractly
- Experience with design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages
- Experience implementing Infrastructure as code solutions
Location: 5700 Córdoba Avenue, Palermo, Buenos Aires.
Office hours: Morning shift (7am to 4pm) or Afternoon shift (3pm to 12am), weekends on call.
If your are interested in being part of our recruiting process, apply directly from our site or write to email@example.com. If want to refer a friend, contact us! We’ll be grateful.